One important way to contribute to the growth of AFA Teens and to the cause in general is to start an AFA Teens chapter or join an existing chapter in your community.
By starting or getting involved in an AFA Teens chapter, you have the opportunity to:
- Raise awareness of Alzheimer’s disease and related illnesses by providing resources to people afflicted with the disease and their care givers.
- Lend a helping hand to peers who have or had loved ones diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease or related dementia.
- Provide meaningful leadership and volunteer experience to the next generation of advocates and champions for the cause.
- Provide resources, education and support to college students and their families.
- Give back to the Alzheimer’s community by having innovative, informative fundraisers.
- Create a strong community of AFA Leaders Nationwide.
- Promote and market “Raise Your Voice for Care” College Tour.
AFA Teens offers teens the opportunity to become activists and stand up for a good cause!
You can start an AFA Teens chapter in your school, community center, house of worship or any other location where you could meet and hold events. Then, recruit a voluntary adult advisor and other teens to join in.
AFA Teens will help you every step of the way, by providing chapters with an AFA Teens Membership Manual that includes everything from structuring a chapter to planning events. We can provide you with educational materials and event suggestions, and put you in touch with local organizations for volunteer opportunities. We’re here to ensure that your AFA Teens experience will be a successful one. Join us!
Click here to request more information.
Click here to read news about AFA Teens chapters.